Thursday, February 09, 2006

Second try: getting creative

Mom Two Ways
Last night, Crunchy and Chewie were fighting over the two bar stools. This didn't get him in trouble. When I turned of the TV because they were fighting, Chewie stomped off screaming, "It doesn't matter, I'm leaving the room!" My response, "Meet me in the bathroom".

This time he tried to explain and blame. it took a while to convince him that the chairs had nothing to do with the punishment. I was trying to help them find a peaceful solution, but I was not angry and he was not in trouble.

This time, our verse was Hebrews 13:7
Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

We talked about who leaders and authorities are (basically most adults) and how we have to answer to God for how we teach the children. I told him how much I LOVE being his mom, but I HATE having to discipline him. But I know that it is necessary to help him grow up into a responsible adult. We talked about how he could make it a joy to be around him.

When I dropped him off for school this morning, we talked about he could make it a joy for his teacher today.

No comments: