Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card-Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.
1. When you are sad -- I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey.
2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.
7. When you are sick -- Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask; 'because you are my friend'.
Galatians 4:16 says, "Have I become your enemy because I told you the TRUTH?" This is a rhetorical question as the answer "NO" is implied.
John 8:32 points out that, "You shall know the TRUTH and the TRUTH will set you free."
True friends tell each other the TRUTH. The TRUTH is sometimes difficult to receive but is easiest to receive from a FRIEND! Because I consider you to be my FRIEND, I give you permission to tell me the TRUTH!
Thursday, January 24, 2008
I usually don't post or forward jokes and stories, but this was too cute. (Thanks Auntie M).