Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First day of school (part 1 of 3)

Today was Chewie's first day of school. I have three kids and three different first days of school. It could be worse. The district has 4 first days this year:
Tuesday: Freshman and 6th graders (so they can get used to school before the upper classman arrive)
Wednesday: almost everyone else (Chewie)
Friday: Kindergarten (Crunchy)
Monday: Developmental Pre-K (Munchie)

This morning, I woke up early (6:15) and got dressed before I woke up Chewie (6:30). By 6:45 he was up. (He is a slow riser). He got dressed and meet me at the table for breakfast. While Chewie ate, I shared something I read last night (Isaiah 40:18-31). We talked about the type of "idols" we have in our lives (video games, TV, people). Chewie got to watch a few minutes of TV before we headed out. I stopped and prayed for him and his day/year. We decided to walk this morning (about a 10 minute walk). It was a nice way to start the morning.

Then I had to wait 30 minutes for the school nurse to arrive. :( Chewie has been having migraines lately, so the doctor gave us an extra RX for Imitrex. Only the nurse could receive it. I got to school and 7:30. She got to school at 8:00. And then I still had to walk home to get my car.

But Chewie is officially a 5th grader. Now I have to decide if he can walk to school by himself...

No comments: