Sunday, December 14, 2008

Gripe Gut-ectomy

Lately, Munchie has been a little, shall we say crabby?!? When he insists that he is NOT tired and NOT crabby, while whining and rubbing his eyes, you know he's confused (or in denial). This morning we were playing around, and I found a game that might help. He was whining, so I picked him up and told him I was going to get rid of his gripe gut--with a gripe gut-ectomy. (Since an 'ectomy" is the removal of something, it works!) But instead of using a scalpel (which I am in no way trained to use!) I used my fingers. Our gripe gut-ectomy required only fingers. Tickling fingers, to be exact. Later this evening, when the gripe gut came back, I pulled out my tool and preformed another gripe gut-ectomy. And you all know how hard it is to gripe when you are laughing hysterically. Maybe Solomon had discovered the gripe gut-ectomy when he wrote, "A merry heart does good like medicine."

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love it. What a wonderful way to redirect the mood of a grumpy little person. And it always does the mommy heart good to hear all that giggling, too.