Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Dinner Solo


Several weeks ago my MIL asked John and I to start cooking Sunday dinner. Since I work (and John is in school) Mom usually fixes weeknight dinners. I fix something on Tuesdays when she and Dad go out.
Due to sickness, holidays, and travel, I haven't done much. The weeks we were all here and well, I just finished plating the roast someone else started.

Today...I did the entire meal by myself! And (drum roll please......) everyone loved it! Cameron said it was very tender. Compliments all around and no complaints! (Cue "Hallelujah Chorus")

Menu:
3 Packet Roast* (recipe from Pinterest)
Potatoes (cooked in crock with roast
Gravy (drippings and Brown Gravy Mix)
Rice (boil-in-bag)
Corn
Olives
Biscuits (Grands--on sale for $1 at Albertson's this week!)

*Get three packets: Italian dressing, ranch dressing, and brown gravy.  Mix. Rub into roast. Place in crock pot and cover with a cup or so water. Cook on low for 6 hours.

I used Garlic and Herb dressing instead of Italian.  I also added potatoes to the crock.

Here's my plate:

No comments: