Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Morning Meme



This is my first time joining this meme from Write from Karen.

1. What is the last thing you attempted to quit? How did you do it and were you successful?
Drinking Pepsi. I was success for about 8 weeks completely. Then about 6 more weeks on the very rare ocassions. But since my daughter's seizure in June---it's been an impossible battle. I'm trying again. So far I haven't had any today....but it's only 1:30.

2. Are you a roller coaster sort of person (impulsive, takes chances, likes to live in the fast lane), or a merry-go-round sort of person (slow, steady, predictable, peaceful)? This is an excellent excuse to do a little self-analysis!
It depends. Most of the time, I'm more of a merry-go-round. I like to know what to expect and I hate confrontation. But some days I just want to take a chance.

3. Have you ever worn your slippers, or pajamas, in public? If so, when and why? If not, would you ever consider leaving your house looking less than your best? What do you think of people who do so? (Be honest, we all judge on some level).
I might have for a costume once or twice, and one time when I was "shanghaied" by some kids at church. But I won't drop my kids off at school in my pajamas--what if I got a ticket? or got into an accident? On the other hand, I do not wear make up most days. My hair gets a cursy brush (and sometimes a clip or pony), but I don't pay much attention to my appearance. I think some people are too worried about what people think. Honestly, I'm too busy trying to get by to pay much attention to whether or not your eye makeup is on straight!

4. If you could go back and tell your 13-year-old self one thing about the future, what would you say?
You really are going to marry him! Start good habits now (like learning to fight fairly!) rather than way down the road. And, whatever you do, don't take out those student loans in a few years. They will haunt you for the rest of your life!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Trying to quit drinking pop is oh so hard!

Marianne Arkins said...

I am not a soda freak, but my COFFEE??? LOL...

Good luck.

:-)