Sunday, November 16, 2008

late

"Have patience. Have patience.
Don't be in such a hurry.
When you get impatient
You only start to worry.

Remember, remember
God is patient too.
And think of all those times
When others have to wait for you."

Growing up, I was usually the first one ready for church, and I would sit on the porch waiting for my older siblings. As the youngest, I didn't get my lisence until after I graduated. So I had no control over the time we left. But now I am the Mommy, and I still seem to have no control.

I hate being late--especially when it's not my fault. Sunday mornings are often rougher than other mornings. (See my last post.) It shuold be easier. We can sleep at least an extra hour or two. But we rarely hear the opening song at 10 45. It seems like no matter how early I rouse the ranks, or how smoothly the morning is going, it all falls apart a 10 20 as we are getting ready to head out. By this time, I am frazzled and so is the entire family. This is the start of what one of our pastors referred to as "the Sunday morning wars". I'm sure you know what I am talking about. Isn't it wonderful to climb out of a car filled with stress and strife and immediately enter into worship? One of these days I will come up with a Sunday morning routine that works for our family. I hope it happens soon. (Next week will be great!)

No comments: