Monday, September 10, 2007

Experiencing the Heart of Jesus

Tomorrow night I begin teaching my first Life Changers University (LCU) class at our church. I'm teaching Max Lucado's book, "Experiencing the Heart of Jesus". I'm excited about both teaching (what can I say, I was born to teach!) and going through this book. I've completed most of the first week's lessons (5 lessons a week). This week's theme is "Experiencing the Care of Jesus". Growing up in church, I've always *known* that Jesus loved me and that He cares for me. But sometimes it's difficult to get that knowledge from my head to my heart. Each week, I'm going to try to summarize some of the things that hit me about the lessons.

Here are some tidbits from this week:
* If you're not sure what to do, get out of God's way!
* God will fight for us. Our job is to trust Him.
* God's power is great for those who believe.
* Jesus promises us the Holy Spirit so He can care for us in our time of need.
* Other Christians can give advice, but only God can help us.
* The dwelling place of God is IN us!
* No matter how out of control things appear, we are not to fear.
* God has kept all of His promises.
* Nothing and no one can thwart God's promise to save us.

1 comment:

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

So exciting to see God growing your places of ministry!!! {{{hugs}}}