Friday, December 07, 2007

Chewie came in at 12:00 on the nose and said.....

"I'm 10!" Apparently my quiet boy was not sleeping, but waiting to turn double digits. Daddy and I wished him a happy birthday and sent him back to bed! This morning, he's been a bear to wake up! UGH!!

Wow! 10 years! Where did the time go?!?! I can still remember the phone call asking us if we'd like to adopt a baby boy who had been born that morning. On the way to the hospital to pick him up, John asked me, "Are you ready for the next 20 years of our lives to pass like that {finger snap}?" We are halfway there! Soon we'll be going from legos and toy cars to girls and driving cars. Before we know it, he'll be graduating high school, going to college, getting married, and bringing us grandkids (hopefully in that order!)

But, I'm not going to get lost in the "what if's" of the future. I'm going to focus on my 10 year old. My boy who loves to play with his younger brother and sister. My boy who slept in his sister's room for two weeks because she didn't want to be alone. My boy who isn't afraid to give his Mama a hug (as long as his friends are watching!) My boy who tries to fix things when Mom is having a bad day. My boy who is starting to sing out loud to the radio. (I love to hear him sing his favorite song: Amazing Grace/My Chains are Gone!)

I'll take Matthew's advice: Don't be anxious for tomorrow. Tomorrow has enough trouble of it's own. Today, I will celebrate my son.

No comments: