Sunday, February 24, 2008

Why is it so hard to change?

Why do I do the things I don't want to do? I know I'm not alone. The Apostle Paul said:

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do. Romans 7)


I want to lose weight. I want to improve my health. I want to eat better. Instead....I continue to drink Pepsi. I don't exercise. I eat chocolate.

There's an old song that says:
You desire is the confirmation that the destination is there

I desire to make the changes. I really want the results. But I struggle with the daily steps necessary. Will it ever get easier? Or will I have this fight the rest of my life?

There's a new song by Rush of Fools called "Undo". It's where I feel I am....

I've been here before, now here I am again
Standing at the door, praying You'll let me back in......

[Chorus]
Turn me around pick me up
Undo what I've become
Bring me back to the place
Of forgiveness and grace
I need You, need Your help
I can't do this myself
You're the only one who can undo
What I've become

1 comment:

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

Computer time is my addiction. Thank you for the reminder...logging off now! {{{hugs}}}