Saturday, March 15, 2008

Walgreens Deal

Wow! Three posts in one day! Quite a record! (and I didn't even get around to the potty training post I was going to make. Maybe tomorrow.)

I've heard about the great deals on free or almost free stuff at Walgreens, but I usually either don't need what they have or I don't have the coupons. But today I saw a deal I had to try out.

Walgreens had Jane cosmetics for buy one get free, and there was a printable coupon for $2 off each item. I was able to print as many coupons as I wanted: one per item--even the free one. The first time I went out, I only took 4 coupons. The second time I took 10. Several of the Jane products were also on clearance. They also had Sally Hansen nail polish (normally $4.99) for $1---and some bottles had $1 off coupons on them. Between two stores, I got:
* 7 SH Hard as Nails, Hard as Wraps polishes (3 were duplicate colors)
* 2 foundations
* 1 concealer
* 1 pressed powder
* 1 loose powder
* 2 large multicolor blushes
* 2 small blushes
* 2 single eye shadow
* 3 duo eye shadow

Total Walgreens Ad savings: $56.17
Total MFG coupon: $35.00
Total savings: $91.17
Total out of pocket: $ 1.35

Here's what I got for less than $2!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

What a great deal! I love love love make-up! I found the coupon online and am heading to Walgreens(one just opened up in our town)on my way to the grocery store later today!

mamas*little*treasures said...

Hi Julie! just wanted to touch base and let you know that you are the winner of the adoption book give-away on my blog, waiting*for*grace. If you stop by for a visit, you can email me your address and I will ship it right out to you. Thanks for participating . . . . I'm going to be starting a new book give-away tomorrow. Also, I have a new adoption website that is just up and running today :o) and I would love to have you stop by and say hello . . . .maybe share some of your adoption story for other parents to read. The address is www.myredthreadjourney.com Hope to hear from you soon!

Michele said...

Wow - I'm seriously impressed. Now, will you actually use any of that?? LOL

Stephanie said...

That is amazing! I keep hearing about all of the great deals you can get at Walgreens and CVS, but haven't tried it out for myself yet. I have to look into this...