Thursday, April 10, 2008

My training update

First of all, I have enough trouble keeping up with one blog, I'm not going to try to update the Less of Julie blog. So here goes:

As of yesterday, I've been Pepsi free for 6 weeks. Well....last Saturday, I had 3 sips of my kids' Pepsi at Target. (We were eating popcorn....) Then I got myself some water. I've been able to limit my sweet treats to about once a week---and they are very small. (Like a single Giradelli square or a very thin slice of birthday cake.) I even helped my son sell 2 boxes of "World's Finest Chocolate" without sampling even one! (And I didn't eat ANY of the 4 boxes of Girl Scout cookies that were in my house.)

I've walked at least 15 minutes (sometimes more) at least 5 (sometimes 6) days a week. I've done weight training 3 times a week.

Oh...and I've started running! No...I'm not running far or long. But I've started. I'm doing interval training. When I'm on the treadmill, I was walking about 2.5 MPH. I started pushing it up to about 3 or 3.5 for 20-40 seconds at a time. One day, I went a litte higher and couldn't keep up, so I sort of jogged. Then I decided to keep doing it. Now, each time I walk (15-20 minutes), every 2-5 minutes (depending on how tired I am!) I push up the speed. I've been running about 30 seconds at a time at 4.5-5 MPH. Now, I can walk about 3 MPH without too much trouble.

And I reached my first mini goal: under 250 before my trip to CA next week. The last three days have been between 248 and 249!!! I'm almost to 10% gone!

No comments: