Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I need a vacation!

Our family hasn't been on a vacation in----well, never. When Chewie was 3, we took a trip to Disneyland, but since then our "vacations" have been, shall we say, "limited"? Our 23 vacation was a 1200 mile trip to New Mexico when we moved here (Crunchy was 3 months old.) Our big excursion was a night in Las Vegas. Our 2006 vacation was a whirlwind trip to California for Aunt Eleanor's funeral. Our 2008 vacation was similar. We went to Tulsa for my cousin's funeral. We had the extra excitement of being stuck in the biggest ice storm Oklahoma and Missouri had ever recorded. This summer we'd like to change that. We have a happy reason to go to California. My nephew is getting married! We want to go. There are too many of us to stay at my sister's house. I would love for my kids to get to know their cousins. It would be awesome if we could spend a week at a HomeAway vacation rental like this 5 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home that sleeps 14! (#187599) My mom and several cousins, aunts, and uncles could join us.

Please vote for my entry to win this rental! (Voting begins January 8th. I'll post an update.)

2 comments:

Lynne said...

That's exactly how our vacations turn out. In the 22 years we've been married I can count 3 true vacations, one was our honeymoon!

sewingmom.com

Stephen Saunders said...

In spite of the fact I've been to all but four of the continental U.S. states, I've never actually been on a vacation... This month I'll turn 37 and I've never even been to a Zoo. One of these days I'm going to have an actual vacation me thinks. :)

I voted for you.