Friday, March 06, 2009

Fitness Friday: getting real



A picture's worth a thousand words? Let's just say it's time for me to get real, stop making excuses, and start getting fit. Sure, the shorts were old and kind of worn. But if I hadn't tried to stuff so much of me into them, they would not have done this:






Not only have a gained back all of the weight I lost last year (about 40 pounds), I am about 15 pounds heavier than I was when I started. And, I've surpassed my highest weight--ever. I have to make a change. It's time to get real and get moving.

There is usually a Mr. Linky for Fitness Friday, but I can't find it. Here is the Wii Mommies link.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yup, another one of those things that gets us moving and totally motivates us! lol You can do it! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, Mr. Linky is up and I added you to it. Hopefully we can help encourage and support you and with the accountability of Fitness Friday, we'll achieve our fitness goals together!

Colleen said...

That is exactly what got me moving...2 months ago I should have gone up a size in pants but I refused to buy new clothes....I think with 3 pairs of my pants my buttons popped off because they were so tight. I had surpassed my highest weight. It is so hard at times...but just keep trying! Making myself post about fitness friday I think really helps...if I feel like I made bad eating choices early in the week then I try extra hard later...or same with exercising on the Wii. Even now..this week I am down a total of 19lbs since new years...but I have so far to go...sometimes I think I will never reach my goal...but I know I want to keep trying.

Momstart said...

I wish you good luck, I'm not doing so well either. We'll support each other and Julie is really great at being supportive.

Stacy Uncorked said...

We're all in this together! :) I didn't have a successful week this past week, but there's always next week! ;) We can do it! :)

Dee said...

GOOD LUCK! As soon as this baby gets here I will be in the same boat!

Oh and I added a Mr. Linky for Entrecard users so I make sure I drop on your blog everyday(or almost) can you come link up?

http://twoofakindworkingonafullhouse.blogspot.com/2009/03/link-up-here-if-you-have-entrecard.html