Saturday, March 07, 2009

Last times

We all know children grow up so fast. It seems like one minute they’re crying for your attention and the next they’re teenagers wanting to take the car out for the night. Author Karen Kingsbury knows this feeling all too well. Karen is the mother of six children and it is those children that prompted her to write Let Me Hold You Longer.


Okay...kleenex alert! My contact over at Tyndale House sent me a link to this video. In in, Karen explains the reason she wrote her new book Let Me Hold You Longer And then she reads the text. Wow!



Now, can you share a "last time" with one of your kids?

My older two kids had a hard time giving up their "meme" (aka pacifier). But with Munchy, he just asked for it less and less. One day, I realized he hadn't asked for one (or found one and put it in his mouth) in 2 weeks. I didn't realize it was his last time.

2 comments:

desperateblogger said...

when my kids were little, i can't wait for them to grow up. now that they're grown, i wish they didn't.

Unknown said...

Good video. I'm gonna be sad when my two boys don't run a jump in my arms anymore. Maybe I'll just need to keep getting stronger so they'll always be able to do it :)