Friday, July 10, 2009

C Pap Round 2

I had a sleep study about a year ago, and it was determined that I have severe sleep apnea. I had 47 episodes and hour, and some of them were almost a minute long. (If you aren't familiar with apneas, it is when someone's airway closes and they stop breathing.) I had so many episodes that after 2 hours they "split" the study. Normally, the patient spends the first night sleeping and being monitored. Then the second night is adjusting the monitor. The doctor ordered a CPAP (constant positive airway pressure) machine. But I could never get it to work. And due to insurance issues, I couldn't see him again. Last month I finally made it to a new doctor. He ordered the machine to be reprogrammed, but it required a new machine. My new machine arrived yesterday. Last night I slept the entire night with it. And my new full face mask. Isn't it pretty?

1 comment:

Grampy said...

It may not be pretty. My brother uses one and he feels so much better. You can now get up and not feel like you didn't sleep at all. Good luck with it.