Monday, July 20, 2009

South Beach Here I come

Today is the big day! I start the South Beach Diet. I celebrated last night with a big Pepsi and a See's Candy bar (Scotchmallow). Funds are a little low this pay period, so I had to get creative at the grocery store last night. But I have some vouchers for Farmer's Market on Saturday, so that should help. None of my coupons were much help since most coupons are for packaged foods, and I'm eating mostly veggies and lean protein. But I- I will survive.... (Sorry. You know me...always ready to break out into song!)

I promise not to make this blog all about my diet, but I can't keep up with multiple blogs. (Check out my profile---I have about 8 list, but most have not been updated in MONTHS or longer!)


Shopping list:

  • Sliced ham (couldn't find "low fat", but I made sure it didn't have added sugar)
  • No sugar added peanut butter
  • Head of lettuce
  • 3 large cucumbers
  • Peanut butter (no sugar added)

On hand:

  • Lots of tomatoes (garden)
  • Baby belll lite cheese
  • Laughing Cow light cheese
  • Frozen Shredded zuchinni
  • 2 dozen eggs.
So, I was all prepared to start this morning. I don't usually eat breakfast, but I had big plans for today. Then I woke up, not at 6:45 when I thought I set my alarm, but at 8:24. And my first appointment was at 9:00. Uh oh! But I quickly sprang into action. (And I made it to work with 2 minutes to spare!)

Starting weight: 273.0

8:45 am Breakfast:
5 slices of ham (2 oz) with 1 Laughing Cow wedge spread inside and rolled.
1/2 cup of cucumbers (sliced the night before)

10:30 am Snack:
15 almonds
1/2 cup of cucumbers

12:30 pm Lunch:
Salad made with:
2 cups lettuce, 4 medium roma tomatos, a few pieces of cucumber (left from earlier), 5 slices of ham, 1 baby bell lite

2:30 pm snack:
Babybel cheese

5:30 dinner:
15 bean soup
Babybel cheese

Tuesday
8:45 am Breakfast: 5 slices of ham (2 oz) with 1 Laughing Cow wedge spread inside and rolled. 1/2 cup of cucumbers

10:30 am Snack: 15 almonds 1/2 cup of cucumbers 12:30 pm

Lunch: Salad made with: 2 cups lettuce, 1/2 cup cucumber, 5 slices of ham, 1 baby bell lite

2:30 pm snack:
1/2 cup cucumber

5:30 pm dinner:
2 cups shredded zuchini (saute'd)
2 cups of (no sugar added) spaghetti sauce
1 baby bel cheese

9:00 pm snack:
1/2 oz roast beef
1 oz mozzarella cheese
SF Jello pudding

Wednesday

8:30 am breakfast:
2 eggs with mozzarella cheese (sort of an omlet, but flopped)
1/2 cup zuchini


(I will edit this so I only have one food menu post each day.)

1 comment:

Joan said...

I'm here to cheer you on! South beach works for lots of folks. What I like about it is you eat real - healthy food.

You can do it!

Blessings