Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Transformers 2: Review

My family and I went to see Transformers 2 yesterday. I was quite disappointed. I'll explain why later. First, I will tell you what I liked. I have not seen the first movie, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

The movie had a good plot. The Autobots and the humans learn that they need each other to survive. And it's not "all about me"; sometimes we need to sacrifice for other people. Rules are put in place for a reason, but sometimes you need to take a risk to do what is right. And (spoiler!) the good guys win in the end.

I had heard the Plugged In report on KLove and it had some concerns: language, sexual content, and violence. The violence was a bit extreme (like after a boat exploded you saw bodies floating in the water), but it was a war movie. So the violence, while extreme, was expected. The language and the sexual content was way overdone. Most was innuendo and crass language. But most of it didn't add a bit to the story. Even the robots were foul-mouthed.

Overall, it was a disappointment. A good story was ruined by stretching to reach the younger crowd.


No comments: