Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Cooking: BBQ Chicken

The holidays are over. It's time to get on with my quest to learn how to cook. I haven't had time to shop, so I found stuff in the freezer and pantry.

Menu:
BBQ chicken
Rice
Green beans

I started with frozen chicken breasts and covered them with a bottle of honey BBQ sauce. I cooked them in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. When I sliced the first one it was perfect. Unfortunately, the remaining 3 were still raw in places. So back in the oven for another half hour. (Which totally blew my timing!)

The rice was boil in the bag with butter added.

The final piece was green beans (fancy ones called "hairy covair" or something like that!) I cooked these in a microwave steamer with water and dehydrated garlic in the bottom. I added bacon bits and steamed.
I liked it. John said it was good. The kids, however all turned their noses up at it. :( Granted, they ate used to Mom feeding them anything that isn't processed. (And Daddy did make them apologize for their comments.

Julie Donahue
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: