Saturday, October 11, 2008

TSMSS: Empty Me




I haven't ever been exposed to the bright lights and cheering crowds, but it's easy to get caught up in my own selfishness and pride. And if I'm full of myself, there is no room for Jesus to be Lord.

Chris Sligh - Empty Me
From the album Running Back To You

I’ve had just enough
Of the spotlight when it burns bright
To see how it gets in the blood
I’ve tasted my share
Of the sweet life and the wild ride
And found a little is not quite enough
I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change

Chorus:
Empty me of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds onto
Lord, empty me of me so I can be filled with You

I’ve seen just enough
Of the quick buys of the best lies
To know how prodigals can be drawn away
I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change

Chorus:

‘Cause everything is a lesser thing
Compared to You, compared to You
‘Cause everything is a lesser thing
Compared to You, so I surrender all



3 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Thanks for sharing! What a great reminder! I hope you have a great Sunday!

Amy Wyatt said...

I love this song by Chris Sligh. It's so true and I can so relate. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love that song... it has such a great reminder to fill ourselves with what is good - God.