Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Good news but....

I am not out of the woods. I finally got my blood work back. (I was supposed to hear in a couple of days--it has been a week.) I do NOTHave diabetes!!! My fasting was 108, my one hour was 164, and my 2 hour was 128. I did not take my metformin that morning, but I had it the night before. I think that made a difference.

This morning I met with my friend Karen who is working with her doctor husband doing diet advice. I am going to start The South Beach Diet this weekend. I told her I wasn't going to try now because I am going away for a retreat for work this week. She agreed it would be good to wait.

3 comments:

Irene said...

good luck with the diet! I have heard great things about the South Beach Diet before...hopefully it will get you feeling 100!

I Am Boymom said...

Glad that you had some good news. Prayers are with you for the Diet!

Whiney Momma said...

Sounds like good news. Good luck with the diet. I heard good things about it.